Here we go.

01 February 2011

If there's a better way, I don't know it.

I've been sitting here staring at the blinking cursor wondering what I can write about this past weekend.   It was simply enjoyable.  Friday night, I got to hang out w/ my ladies with babies.  We noshed on a bitchin' dip dinner (DIP DINNER!) and I got to see my sweet baby girl & boy!

Jett!
Photobucket


Luca + Jett:
Photobucket


 -----
On Saturday, my aunt & cousins came down from Ft. Smith to visit and to go to the Tet celebrations.  It was so chill & I'm glad we got some QT in.  My family is tops!  KMHD, Jimmy & Vivian, totes relaxxxin':
Photobucket

After having a meal @ Oyster Bar, we pretty much hung around the house.  Vivian played hairdresser with (on?) me.  It's totally rad to have your hair done up in a multitude of ways!  She's got talent, I'm a little bummed that her family totally discourages her from it.  Anyway...
Photobucket


Shut-up, what-evar!
Photobucket


Yeeeah, I don't know:
Photobucket


Wisps:
Photobucket


KMHD got done up, too:
Photobucket


Hello, Rock Lobster!
Photobucket


WHOA:
Photobucket


Put a bird on it, call it art:
Photobucket


 -----
On Sunday, we put everyone in a car (including Zachariah & Collin) and drove down to Bryant.  The celebrations were being held at the new city center which is such an improvement from celebrations past;  it's usually a tightly packed event where you spend most of the time trying to navigate the human honey pit.  As KMHD & I joke, it's a 'taste of Asia', where you get to encounter what Westerners perceive as rudeness because people don't say, "Oh, pardon me!" or "Excuse me" or "After you!".  So, yeah, there was a little more elbow room this time. 


Collin tries pho phor the phirst time:
Photobucket


KMHD, mum & ATM:
Photobucket


Derek & Vivian:
Photobucket


Photo by ATM:
Photobucket


Di Hoa, Jimmy, mum & Derek (Photo by ATM):
Photobucket


Photo by ATM:
Photobucket


Photo by ATM:
Photobucket


At one point, we went to the temple & I tried to meditate and say my prayers, but kept getting distracted, so I'll just have to go back when we don't have a lot of people in tow:
Photobucket


T E M P L E  K I T T Y!!!  
Photobucket


I just know it's going to be a great year.
Photobucket


Sweet, precious baby!
Photobucket


Vivian + T E M P L E  K I T T Y!!!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I love this photo so much.  I was simply trying to capture a photo of sky + flag; they were tossing around a football.  I accidentally caught it:
Photobucket


We stayed at the celebrations longer than we ever have, I was pretty worn out when we got home.  But, after a brief nap, we went to Gadwall's Grill to celebrate Zach's birthday.  It was an ideal way to wrap things up before Monday.

Birthday Zach w/ Rett & a little pocket Jett:
Photobucket







4 comments:

boleroid said...

did you just say that collin has never had pho before? how can this be true?

AMD & KMHD said...

That was his claim! I don't know, I guess it's not *that* unlikely as it is made with beef broth, but I was a little like, "ORLY?"

nicole said...

Love LOVE the rockin' hairstyles, especially the beehive with birdie... and the pigtail braids, ha. xoxo.

p.s. Jett has such a perfect FACE. Gah. I love it and its roundness! Adorable.

AMD & KMHD said...

OMG, Jett is totally cherubic face city! I think he's ticklish on his cheeks, which is totally adorable.

Blog Archive